Subject: Re: performa 578 to donate
To: espo <espo@smtp-send.myrealbox.com>
From: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/14/2003 09:24:11
>I have a performa 578 that I no longer want/need. It is a LC040 based
>machine with the floating point bug making NetBSD unusable on it (the main
>reason I no longer want it). Anyway, if anyone is interested in this
>machine please let me know. I haven't looked into anything about shipping
>it, I guess I'll figure that out if there are any takers. Preference will
>go to anyone within driving distance (I'm on the east coast, close to the
>middle).

If the CPU is socketed (I don't recall if they are or not in the 57x
series), you can upgrade the chip to a full 040. I usually see the 040
chips going for about $10-$20. Of course, that may be more than just
getting a Quadra 650 or similar (sometimes, it is cheaper to get a
complete mac and just pull the parts you want than to try to buy the
parts alone).

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>