Subject: Re: File system trouble
To: Reinier Jonker <rjgjonker@xs4all.nl>
From: Stephen C. Brown <scbrown@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/12/2003 21:41:34
You've probably figured this out already.  But,
since I just ran into the same thing, I thought
I'd comment and maybe save others potential trouble.

The problem(at least in my case) was running
a newer kernel with the UFS2 support and
an older /sbin/fsck_ffs.  To fix I had to replace
/sbin/fsck_ffs with a copy from the latest
"base.tgz" set.  After that, "fsck" ran perfectly
and the system booted no problem...

See Frank Van Der Linden's mail to current-users
list on April 15th(and numerous prior dates) for
further explanation.  There are various ways the
UFS code changes can trip one up, depending
on what vintage your binaries, kernel, and source
are and whether they match...

Steve Brown