Subject: File system trouble
To: NetBSD Mac68k Port <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Reinier Jonker <rjgjonker@xs4all.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/2003 19:11:49
After an unexplanatory freeze on my Quadra 840 running 1.6R, I had to
manually reset the machine. Since this has happened once or twice
before, I expected fsck to be run and be finished in half an hour.
Unfortunately, fsck immediately exited reporting:

dev/rsd1a: BAD SUPER BLOCK: VALUES IN SUPER BLOCK DISAGREE WITH THOSE
IN FIRST
ALTERNATE

The filesystem appeared to function normally. I read the man page for
fsck (couldn't find anything) and then the one for fsck_ffs. I found
out fsck_ffs -d would give me diagnostic reports. I saw some values
were replaced by noughts in the alternate super block.

I can't get fsck(_ffs) to repair this problem. Help! ;-)
Thanks very much in advance.

--
Best Regards,

Reinier Jonker