Subject: Cron not working (current)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Zara?= <rzara@remi-zara.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/04/2003 11:11:52
Hi,

I have set up NetBSD-current on a Quadra 800.
All seems to be work well except for cron (and cron dependant stuff of =20=

course).
I've seen the problem with a pre-sa current from january (see posts in =20=

current-users) and with a 1.6R current from a few days ago.

Cron is running:
root    471  0.0  1.6 196   524 ?? Ss   10:30AM 0:00.05 /usr/sbin/cron

but daily/weekly jobs and at jobs don't get run.

I did observe some problems with time settings:

In Mac OS 7.6.x, I've set up the time correctly (with time-zone and =20
daylight saving).
The booter correctly guessed the GMT bias (120 minutes for Paris)
my /etc/localtime is correctly set (to Paris time)

But when booting, the time gets shifted by the GMT bias (2 hours)
If Mac OS is set to the correct time, NetBSD is not
And if NetBSD is set to the correct time (via ntpdate), Mac OS time is =20=

2 hours early.

I tried to zap the pram with no visible effects.

Any advice ? any thing I could do to debug that ? Could it be a =20
hardware failure ?

Regards,

R=E9mi Zara

PS:
uname -a
NetBSD samedi 1.6R NetBSD 1.6R (GENERIC) #0: Sun Apr 27 13:58:16 UTC =20
2003  =20
autobuild@tgm.daemon.org:/autobuild/HEAD/mac68k/OBJ/autobuild/HEAD/src/=20=

sys/arch/mac68k/compile/GENERIC mac68k
--