Subject: Re: DHCP client setup
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: Matthew Bryant <mathias01@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/23/2003 15:17:02
On Wednesday, April 23, 2003, at 01:38  PM, Michael G. Schabert wrote:

> At 1:01 PM -0400 4/23/03, Matthew Bryant wrote:

>>> The dhclient script is internal to dhclient.  What I do to run a
>>> DHCP client is 'dhclient sn0' (where 'sn0' is the network interface
>>> that I want configured by dhclient.  Does the Airport Base Station
>>> provide DHCP services for the wired network as well as the wireless?
>>
>> 	yup ;-)
>
> Unless you've seen Bjarne's setup, you cannot say that. The Airport
> Base Station *CAN* provide DHCP to wired as well as wireless, but it
> is a separate checkbox. This is what Allen was asking.

	You are correct. I was too hasty. Let me also add that since this base
station model has two ethernet cards you shouldn't have any problem
using it in this function. Just make sure to have your internet
connection in the WAN port on the base station, and your hub/switch in
the LAN port. You have to use the "uplink" port on your hub/switch
and/or make sure the "uplink" button is pressed. Then you can connect
your clients to the remaining ports on your switch/hub. Run the AirPort
Admin Utility and make sure you have the required boxes selected. Easy
as that.

	-Matt