Subject: Tape Drives & CR-RW
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/2003 12:37:16
Is there a list of what tape drives will work with NetBSD, or will any
SCSI tape drive be usable?

I have an old 2 gig tape drive (don't recall model off the top of my
head, its at work, I'm at home), and I'm thinking of using it as a backup
drive for one of my mac68k setups. I was just wondering how I go about
finding out if it is usable.

Also, is there anywhere with a tutorial or tips on setting up a drive, or
should I just search for info under general *nix topics.

And along the same lines, can I use a CD-RW drive with NetBSD for doing
scheduled backups? I also have an old 2x/2x/4x CD-RW drive that I could
stick in another mac68k box of mine if it will let me do backups to it.
(I don't care about the rewrite abilities, as long as I can write CD-R's
I'd be happy)

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>