Subject: Re: Crystal LAN/CS8900 on a LC 475
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/2003 12:04:13
Mark Hoekstra wrote:
>Hello all,

>Well, I'm new to this list and new to netbsd/mac68k also. I picked up a LC
>475 the other day(for free) and soon decided it would become my new
>NetBSD-box :-)

[snip]

>...but, it doesn't seem to see my (LC-PDS) ethernetcard at all, the
>ethernetcard I have in there says 'LC-T' on one side and on the other side
>it says 'Daynaport E/LC-T' and it seems to have a 'Crystal LAN CS8900-CQ'
>chip on there. I've been searching for support on this card/chipset, but I
>can't seem to find anything on it. Does anyone know if it's supported?(I'm
>afraid it isn't) or maybe a workable solution? I'm not a coder myself but I
>would be willing to try some code or (buggy) kernels to get at least some
>kind of response out of it. Or should I go out and search for a supported
>LC-PDS-card? (which one is the one to go for?). The aim for this machine is
>running it 24/7 as an IRC-machine and a webserver for some static
>pages(just saying it's a LC running NetBSD and apache :-))

There is a MI driver for the CS8900 in the tree that is easy to use if
someone writes a port specific attachment stub.

You are going to have to track down the physical address for the chip
though in order to get it to work.

Are you able to build new kernels for it if you had some test code ?

Robert Swindells