Subject: Crystal LAN/CS8900 on a LC 475
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Hoekstra <mark@hoekstra.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/08/2003 01:49:52
Hello all,

Well, I'm new to this list and new to netbsd/mac68k also. I picked up a LC
475 the other day(for free) and soon decided it would become my new
NetBSD-box :-)

Anyway, I put in a 'real' 68040, 33mhz. I soldered the motherboard, so now
it is running at 33mhz, I put in a slightly larger RAM-module as well (16mb
until I found a 32/64mb-module) and I put NetBSD 1.6 on it last weekend.
After some hassle with a 'ttyE0: device not configured' error I did manage
to get it running in multi-user-mode, much to my enjoyment :-) (it does
however only boot when hooked up to a serial line, it stops when I try to
use the monitor/keyboard on the LC as a console, but that's not a problem
for me as I will be hooking it up to a consoleserver)

...but, it doesn't seem to see my (LC-PDS) ethernetcard at all, the
ethernetcard I have in there says 'LC-T' on one side and on the other side
it says 'Daynaport E/LC-T' and it seems to have a 'Crystal LAN CS8900-CQ'
chip on there. I've been searching for support on this card/chipset, but I
can't seem to find anything on it. Does anyone know if it's supported?(I'm
afraid it isn't) or maybe a workable solution? I'm not a coder myself but I
would be willing to try some code or (buggy) kernels to get at least some
kind of response out of it. Or should I go out and search for a supported
LC-PDS-card? (which one is the one to go for?). The aim for this machine is
running it 24/7 as an IRC-machine and a webserver for some static
pages(just saying it's a LC running NetBSD and apache :-))

Greetings,

Mark Hoekstra
http://mark.is-a-geek.org/

My dmesg:
Copyright (c) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001,
2002
     The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.  All rights
reserved.
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991,
1993
     The Regents of the University of California.  All rights
reserved.

NetBSD 1.6 (GENERIC) #0: Sun Sep  8 20:58:17 UTC
2002
     autobuild@tgm.daemon.org:/autobuild/mac68k/OBJ/autobuild/src/sys/arch/mac68k

/compile/GENERIC
Apple Macintosh LC 475/33  (68040)
cpu: delay factor 1051
total memory = 20480 KB
avail memory = 15076 KB
using 281 buffers containing 1124 KB of
memory
mrg: 'Quadra/Centris 605 ROMs' ROM glue, tracing off, debug off, silent
traps

mainbus0 (root)
obio0 at mainbus0
esp0 at obio0 (quick): address 0x898000: NCR53C96, 16MHz, SCSI ID
7
scsibus0 at esp0: 8 targets, 8 luns per
target
adb0 at obio0
asc0 at obio0: Apple Sound
intvid0 at obio0 @ f9001000: DAFB video subsystem, monitor sense
1
intvid0: 640 x 480, monochrome
macfb0 at intvid0
wsdisplay0 at macfb0 (kbdmux ignored)
iwm0 at obio0: Apple GCR floppy disk
controller
iwm: Chip revision not supported (-77)
zsc0 at obio0 chip type 0
zsc0 channel 0: d_speed   9600 DCD clk 0 CTS clk
0
zstty0 at zsc0 channel 0 (console i/o)
zsc0 channel 1: d_speed   9600 DCD clk 0 CTS clk
0
zstty1 at zsc0 channel 1
nubus0 at mainbus0
fpu0 at mainbus0 (mc68040)
scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices
sd0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <QUANTUM, LPS270S, 590A> SCSI2 0/direct
fixed

sd0: 258 MB, 2740 cyl, 2 head, 96 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 528808
sectors
sd0: sync (248.0ns offset 8), 8-bit (4.032MB/s)
transfers
adb0 (direct, Cuda): 2 targets
aed0 at adb0 addr 0: ADB Event device
akbd0 at adb0 addr 2: keyboard II (ISO
layout)
wskbd0 at akbd0 (mux ignored)
ams0 at adb0 addr 3: 1-button, 100 dpi
mouse
wsmouse0 at ams0 (mux ignored)
boot device: sd0
root on sd0a dumps on sd0b
root file system type: ffs
Mon Apr  7 23:31:2
swapctl: adding /dev/sd0b as swap device at priority
0
Starting file system checks:
/dev/rsd0a: file system is clean; not
checking
Setting tty flags.
Setting sysctl variables:
Starting network.
Hostname: elsie
NIS domainname: macstuff.local
IPv6 mode: host
Configuring network interfaces:.
writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable
add net default: gateway 192.168.0.1: Network is unreachable
Building databases...
Starting syslogd.
Checking for core dump...
savecore: no core dump
Mounting all filesystems...
Clearing /tmp.
Creating a.out runtime link editor directory cache.
Checking quotas: done.
Starting virecover.
starting local daemons:.
Updating motd.