Subject: Re: Sendmail timeout from shell
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/2003 13:31:52
>Sorry for asking this here, since I know it is a sendmail question, but
>I'm not having much luck with sendmail related groups.

Never mind... I solved it.

Turned out to be a DNS lookup issue with my BSD box's hostname. I thought
I had disabled the DNS lookup in sendmail, but I guess I didn't. The
delay was because sendmail refused to start until it resolved its own
host name I guess. Once I changed my boxes hostname to a valid DNS
entried name, sendmail started going right thru.

What's odd is, I have a 2nd machine that doesn't have this delay problem,
and its hostname isn't valid either. Maybe this is something with the
newer version of sendmail (the one with the problem is the newer version).

Thanks to all that helped with this CGI issue. Now all seems to be
working about as well as I can expect on my hardware (Q610, 25 MHz 040,
68 MB ram, and I see about a 3 second delay before the CGI goes to the
success page... that's acceptable to me)

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>