Subject: Re: MIT's cgiemail CGI
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/04/2003 16:40:25
>1) Do you have sendmail=YES in /etc/rc.conf?

I only need that if I want sendmail to be available from the outside
right? I don't want sendmail to be "on" and listenting for SMTP
connections. I only want it working enough to send the emails the CGI
generates on the same box.

>2) Is there some error/backup processing in the CGI that will do the
>right thing if sendmail is down?

No idea. There isn't much in the way of docs for it.

>3) Have you considered using postfix (postfix=YES in /etc/rc.conf)?
>It's marginally faster and has generally the same external
>interfaces.  It would probably "just work" if you turned it on
>instead.

Nope... but I'm considering it now. Although I don't know how to alter
the cgi to work with postfix (its a compiled C program, and like I said,
has almost no docs, so I'd have to root thru the source code to see how
it decides what mail app to use... and I'm not very good with C yet)

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>