Subject: Re: MIT's cgiemail CGI
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/04/2003 09:51:43
At 10:57 AM -0500 4/4/03, chris wrote:
>  >Has anyone ever used MIT's cgiemail CGI with Apache?
>>
>>I've got it set up and running on a Q610, but it seems to be VERY slow.
>>There is a good 30 seconds lag between when you click the submit button
>>and when the page changes to the success page. The email is being sent
>>properly, its just very slow.
>
>I think I have narrowed it down to a SendMail issue. I tried using the
>cgiecho portion of the CGI, and it processes instantly. From what I can
>find out, cgiecho does everything cgiemail does exept send the email. So
>that kind of makes it lean to a SendMail problem.
>
>Anyone know if cgiemail waits until SendMail has sent the email before
>completing? Or does anyone use SendMail on a Q610 and know if it is
>normally slow?
>
>-chris
><http://www.mythtech.net>

1) Do you have sendmail=YES in /etc/rc.conf?

2) Is there some error/backup processing in the CGI that will do the
right thing if sendmail is down?

3) Have you considered using postfix (postfix=YES in /etc/rc.conf)?
It's marginally faster and has generally the same external
interfaces.  It would probably "just work" if you turned it on
instead.