Subject: MIT's cgiemail CGI
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/04/2003 10:36:23
Has anyone ever used MIT's cgiemail CGI with Apache?

I've got it set up and running on a Q610, but it seems to be VERY slow.
There is a good 30 seconds lag between when you click the submit button
and when the page changes to the success page. The email is being sent
properly, its just very slow.

Is this to be expected since I am using a 25 Mhz 040? Apache itself seems
very responsive, just this CGI is slow. It was MUCH faster when I used it
on my web host provider (but I have no idea what hardware they are
running on). With them it was a fraction of a second delay.

Also, I assume for outbound use, SendMail is active by default. I did
nothing to turn it on, and the CGI is able to send the emails (it uses
sendmail to take care of actually sending out the email). A port scan of
my server doesn't show port 25 as open, so it looks as if SendMail is off
as far as inbound support.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>