Subject: Re: SCSI Read Error #5
To: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/01/2003 14:28:26
> Twice now I have gotten the error SCSIRead() #5 while trying to install
> NetBSD on a Quadra 610. Both times it has failed at the exact same file
> (/usr/share/doc/usd/03.shell in the base.tgz file). Once it hits that
> error, it stops doing anything, and I have to reboot (I have mouse
> control, but I can't click out of the Installer, so I have to force a
> reboot).

Is this in the Installer or in the sysinst kernel?

How big is the drive you're installing to? I had this error when I installed
on a 2GB partition, and got around it by installing base as far as it would
go, cpin'ing all the rest of the .tar files, booting single user, and
un-tarring everything on the flip side. However, I thought this bug was fixed
some time ago ... ?

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- If at first you don't succeed, don't go skydiving. -------------------------