Subject: SCSI Read Error #5
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/01/2003 10:43:37
Twice now I have gotten the error SCSIRead() #5 while trying to install
NetBSD on a Quadra 610. Both times it has failed at the exact same file
(/usr/share/doc/usd/03.shell in the base.tgz file). Once it hits that
error, it stops doing anything, and I have to reboot (I have mouse
control, but I can't click out of the Installer, so I have to force a
reboot).

Is this a hint of a problem, or should I assume my CD that the install
files are being read from is bad. This is 1.5.2 that I am trying to
install, so I could do with updating my CD to 1.6 anyway. Just before I
go thru the trouble of downloading the files and burning a new CD, I
wanted to see if it was my CD or something else.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>