Subject: Re: new created file system is full?
To: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/27/2003 22:24:32
At 1:08 AM +0100 1/27/03, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>Hello,
>
>i tried to install NetBSD using sysinst on the newly arrived LCIII.
>It has 12mb of ram, 160 megs of hard disk. I thought of 6megs HFS, 40-50mb
>of swap and the rest root&Usr.
>
>well, i made the partitions under macOS (converting them in sysinst) or i
>made them directly in sysinst. the problem is the same. When I finalize...
>and formatting shoudl begin I get an error saying that creation filed
>because / is full! but impossible, I'm creating it! I tried even to leave
>some unallocated space, but it isn't that.

No, you are not creating "/"..."/" exists already or you wouldn't be
running un*x. While you are in sysinst, you are booted into a memory
file system "/" that is part of the install kernel. The partition
that WILL be the future "/" is supposed to mount under /mnt or /mnt2
(one is for the install medium, the other is for the destination).

>DO I have maybe a minimal size for a filesysmtem? I don't think so....

What sets are you trying to install? You may be pushing it to try
installing everything into 100MBs, but I don't recall the size of the
tarballs unpacked ATM. On my alpha, the binary tarballs for just base
and comp are around 40MBs compressed, so they would likely fill up
the whole drive alone.

HTH
Mike
--