Subject: Re: several eth devices
To: Marc Coevoet <mcv@wanadoo.be>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/26/2003 13:59:34

> >> Still does not work. If I switch the lines and init ae0 first and
>
> Which way?  What kind of parameters do you suggest?

Well, for example, perhaps two different networks. Since you say neither
is public, how about:

sn0 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
ae0 192.168.2.1 netmask 255.255.255.0

> There is no real reason for my setup, except I could experiment with
> httpd on one eth device, and atalkd on another , eg...
> (or I could try NAT, where is the (mini)howto for this?)

What would make you think you couldn't experiment with both httpd and
atalkd on the same ethernet card? Or that you'd need NAT?

If you want two different networks that route, just use 192.168.1.1 as the
default route on machine on the first network, 192.168.2.1 as the default
route for machines on the second network, and set this:
sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1

When you're setting up private, unroutable networks, you don't need NAT,
unless you want to practise, I guess.

Hope this helps,

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs