Subject: distributed.net client and proxy testers?
To: None <port-m68k@netbsd.org, port-mac68k@netbsd.org,>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/26/2003 01:48:05
Hi,

Ralf Gebhart, one of the distributed.net crew, has made the most recent
dnet client available for m68k NetBSD. Anyone who is running the older
client or is interested in giving their machine some work to do is welcome
to test the new client to ensure it is working properly.

He has also compiled the distributed.net personal proxy for m68k NetBSD.
If anyone out there is interested in using their m68k machine as a
personal proxy, it wouldn't be bad to get some other testers for this,
too. This was great for me - my OS X machine is behind NAT on a cable
modem, whereas my m68k Amiga is colocated and always available.

Please email me if you'd like to test either before they appear on the
dnet download page.

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs