Subject: window manager question
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Conrad J. Rehill <conrad@rehill.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/25/2003 23:59:21
Hi Everyone.

I've downloaded 'fvwm2' as a replacement for 'twm'.

I then created an '~/.xsession' file as such:

#/bin/sh
/usr/X11R6/bin/fvwm2

I'm using the 1.5.3 distribution on a Quadra 650 and then running xdm to
access the windowing system through a remote Exceed terminal.  This seems
to work just fine when running the default 'twm' manager.  However, when I
create my '~/.xsession' file and try to run 'fvwm2', my Exceed terminal
immediately drops the connection.

'fvwm2' downloaded and compiled fine, and the binaries reside in the
/usr/X11R6/bin directories.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting 'fvwm2' to run ?  Is this a
configuration file issue, or will it just not run on my Quadra ?

Thanks !

Conrad Rehill