Subject: Re: compiler error (was Re: gcc ?!?)
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/23/2003 22:33:52
on 1/23/03 6:25 PM, Chuck Silvers at chuq@chuq.com wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 02:35:37PM +0100, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>> But the Kernel Panic with "out of address space" remains when configure
>> checks for "mmap".
>
> this is PR 9725.
>
> -Chuck

yes, indeed. I'm not familiar with this PR thing. I looked up and sadly saw
the date: mar 2000!

I had an Idea: i pulled my old MacIIci out from the corner, swapped hard
disks (miracolously everything booted) and tried to compile there.
Et voila', compiling the single incriminated library... worked on the 68030!
The rest then couldn't compile: I ran out of swap space, the IIci has "only"
20mb of ram. Soit retty much seems to be procesor/computer dependent, since
the rest of the setup was rigorously the same.  Can I add this information
to the PR mentioned? I was on the website and found no way to do it from the
web (netbsd box neets still to be configured to access the web)

bye
-ric