Subject: Re: pkg_install update
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/21/2003 11:55:50
on 1/20/03 9:42 PM, Frederick Bruckman at fredb@immanent.net wrote:

> Sounds like ``.include "../../graphics/xpm/buildlink2.mk"'' is missing
> from the novawm/Makefile. Try it with that added, just before the last
> .include.

I did that, in the Makefile of the pakage root, just before the include ot
the mk of the package itself. I noticed besides that I had already
graphics/xpm build and installed!

I then made a distclean just to be sure, regot the package and typed "make"
again.

This time it checks for xpm on make. And it compiled and installed OK.
So Amitai needs only to add your suggestion to have it work.

> Not so strange. XFree86 4.x includes xpm, but mac68k still uses
> XFree86 3.3.x, which doesn't.
>
> It's not surprising that this got missed, now that the significant
> ports have switched to XFree 4.

I see... I have XFree 4 on my other quadra running debian Linux and it takes
like two minutes to start up, has a sluggish performance... I hope they will
optimize that thing more.

bye
    ric