Subject: Kernel Panic
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/21/2003 09:37:08
Hello,

I wanted to compile "gnustep-base", started it and left it overnight
compiling (trying to sleep with the humming of that noisy 7200 rpm disk)

Anyway, the day after I didn't ofund it installed but a Kernel Panic has
occoured.

During the various conifugration checks, while checking for mmap (or right
there after?) I get:

checking for working mmap... panic: enter: out of address space
Stopped in PID 7389 (conftest) at       cpu_Debugger+0x6:      unlk  a6

thati isn't good, right? what happened?
I'm running NetBSD 1.6 that I just installed on a Quadra 610 (full  040) and
68 MB of Ram, so I hope there isn't a problem.

IIRC I got the same error when trying to build gnustep from the tarball of
their site some time ago, using 1.5ZA. I hope this was fixed or at least
that the "official" package worked.

It would be interesting to know if this problem happens only to me and so
depends from my hardware or it is a more general problem of NetBSD.

Anyway a kernel panic should be solved.

Cheers,
    Riccardo