Subject: Case sensitive Apache
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/15/2003 16:19:32
This might be an Apache question, but since it is running on mac68k
NetBSD, and I am subscribed to this list, I'm asking here first.

Is there a way to get Apache/NetBSD to ignore the case of letters used on
web pages? I am having problems with people complaining that the pages
they are after aren't available, and each time it boils down to the user
typed in a different case than the page is (I have tried to standardize
all my stuff to lowercase, but some users have the caps lock on when they
try to go to the web site, or put in uppercase letters).

My current solution has been to create multiple versions of a web page,
all with different common but plausable case usage, and have them all
just redirect to the one correct page... but that is a PITA. So I figure
there must be a way to shut off the case checking, I just don't know if
it is an Apache setting, or a NetBSD setting (since I know NetBSD is case
sensitive itself).

Any help would be great (oh, its netBSD 1.5.2, and Apache 2.0.16, running
on a quadra 610)

TIA

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>