Subject: Re: Keyboard problems in 1.6
To: Nathan Raymond <nate@portents.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/15/2003 10:04:56
On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 05:44:37AM -0500, Nathan Raymond wrote:
> I noticed that 1.6 does not work with my Alps Extended Keyboard (with
> built in trackpad). No keypress is recognized. 1.6 does work with my
> MacAlly Enhanced Keyboard, but the quote key does not work. Both
> keyboards are ADB of course. Should I submit a bug report?

Yes, but it would help for you to collect some more information, if
possible.  src/sys/arch/mac68k/dev/akbdmap.h contains the mapping for
the US keyboard.  src/sys/arch/mac68k/dev/akbd.c contains some code for
dealing with the keyboard at a high-ish level.  If you have the time
and energy, it might be interesting for you to try to collect some more
data.  (how does the keyboard appear in the device probe, what keycodes
do non-working keys generate on the MacAlly keyboard, etc.).

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...