Subject: pkg_install update
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/15/2003 00:42:46
Hello,

    I removed the whole pkgsrc tree. Downloaded today a fresh pkgsrc.tar.gz
from the official ftp.netbsd.org, uncompressed it in /usr
(the rest of the 1.6 sytem is still clean as it came out from sysinst)

now if I login as root from the console of the quadra, go into
/usr/pkgsrc/pktools/pkg_install

and type Make

i get

make: Unclosed variable specification for PKG_TOOLS_BIN
make: Unknown modifier ''

in an endless loop and i am forced to make ctrl-c

now if i login remotely through telnet, as a normal user, aferwards "su"...
i get the same error, but repeated only a dozen of times, afterwards it
begins extracting and linking the packages, up to:

make: Unclosed variable specification for PKG_TOOLS_BIN
make: Unknown modifier ''
===> Configuring for pkg_install-20030111
--mandir=: not found
/man: not found
*** Error code 127

damn! 14 mbytes downloded again for nothing. Any suggestions?

-riccardo