Subject: Re: Quadra AV DMA
To: Reinier Jonker <rjgjonker@xs4all.nl>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/02/2003 14:55:01
Reinier Jonker wrote:

> What is the current status of the Quadra DMA code? The last thing I
> heard about it was that Michael R. Zucca had made important progress and
> required another few weeks to complete the new bus_dma() implementation.
> I am very interested because I've got an old Quadra 840 running as a
> server and IO is still much slower than in Mac OS.

I'm still here. I haven't made much progress lately as I haven't had the
spare cycles to work on the problem. I'm thinking of working on it
sometime during the week of President's Day in February when I'll have
some time to myself or some random weekend before then.

The code I have should be working. Unfortunately, while the data seems
to make it into the buffer when the DMA completes (I even print it
out!), the buffer appears empty to the higher level SCSI code. I'm
either doing something dumb like using a bad pointer somewhere, or
there's some other deeper issue (caching, alignment, etc.)

  Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org
  "I'm too old to use Emacs." -- Rod MacDonald