Subject: Re: Help with getting a Farallon Fast EtherTX-10/100 Nubus NIC Working?
To: Brian Heath <brians_lists@bkheath.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/02/2003 12:25:18
On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 12:21:06PM -0500, Brian Heath wrote:
> I just picked up one of these cards pretty cheap, and would like to see if I
> can get it working. The only problem is, I don't have much of an idea where
> to start. Can someone point me in the right direction or at least point me
> to a FAQ that may help me to write a driver for this ethernet card. Better
> yet, has anyone else already been working on this card?

I think this is the one that I looked at most recently.  Does it have a
"Parallel Tasking" 3Com chip on it?  If so, that's got the 3Com PCI ROM
stashed in the Nubus configuration ROM.  I found the time to get that
far in looking at it, but didn't complete the glue to glue the nubus
attachment into the 'ep' driver.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...