Subject: Re: Kernels other than GENERIC with build.sh
To: Bruce ONeel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/02/2003 09:22:11
Yes, build.sh is really quite nifty...  :-)

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 11:45:06AM +0100, Bruce ONeel wrote:
> - Is it possible to use another config file other than GENERIC
> with build.sh?  Besides the obvious of just editing GENERIC of
> course.

You mean to build / release ?  Or just to build a kernel?

You can build a kernel separately with the tools built by build.sh.
Just set your path to include your $TOOLDIR/bin and use nbconfig and
nbmake-mac68k where you would have used 'config' and 'make'  I.e.,

	$ cd .../mac68k/conf
	$ nbconfig MYKERNEL
	$ cd ../compile/MYKERNEL
	$ nbmake-mac68k depend && nbmake-mac68k

> - Is it possible to build other programs with the build.sh
> system?  I assume the answer is "of course" but how
> hard is this to set up?

If you used -D to set a $DESTDIR when you ran build.sh, you should
just be able to use 'nbmake-mac68k' instead of make to make anything
in the NetBSD source tree.  This will pull the headers/libraries/etc.
from your $DESTDIR that was set up by build.sh (see the nbmake-mac68k
script to see what it does).

Hope that helps!

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...