Subject: Re: Cabletron ethernet on an SE/30
To: Thomas Carlson <tcarls@myback40.com>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/26/2002 20:34:30
Hi,

> I have NetBSD 1.5.3 installed on an SE/30 with a Cabletron ethernet card.
> It connects just fine to my home network in Mac OS 7.1 but dmesq gives me a
> "failed to determine size of RAM" message for ae0 when I boot into NetBSD.
> Is this particular card supported or should I be looking for an Asante card
> for my SE/30?

I can give you an updated kernel to test with some extra debug code; can
you compile it yourself, or should I send you a precompiled kernel? If you
prefer the latter (the SE/30 is a little slow), then send me a kernel
config file and maybe we can figure out enough to get the Cabletron card
supported.

Thanks,
John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs