Subject: squirrelmail on se/30
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: olof hennig <bbq@hennig.nu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/13/2002 13:49:42
Is it possible to run Squirrelmail (1.2.10) on an SE/30 (1.5.3) and get
a descent performance?
Right now it's barely usable on my machine. It takes nearly two minutes
to open a folder, a message or any other page in squirrelmail.

Nothing else is that slow, even phpmyadmin works fine (takes 30-40
seconds to load) and checking imap folders/messages with a mail client
takes just a second. That makes me believe that I should be able to get
better performance with a webmail client.

So I wonder if it's possible to tweak Squirrelmail somehow, or should I
look for another webmail client?

php is 4.1.2 and apache 1.3.26.

olof