Subject: Re: A couple of queries about Apple Mac LC
To: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
From: C David Rigby <cr8s@virginia.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/06/2002 12:19:45
On Friday 06 December 2002 11:18 am, Chris Wareham wrote:
> I've just subscribed to this list as I'm now the proud owner of an Appl=
> Mac LC. I rescued this machine from my brother who was going to bin it
> along with a stack of dead Quadras, and it is now winging it's way to
> me.

I don't know if it is an option, or if you fancy digging into the hardwar=
e,=20
but why not take the dead Quadras?  Between several similar models you mi=
ght=20
be able to construct a working one with plenty of RAM.  I ran various=20
versions of NetBSD (and Linux-mac68k, for that matter) on a Centris 650 f=
or=20
years before giving that machine to a young acquaintance.  It is very sim=
ilar=20
to the Quadra 650, and many of the Quadras make great NetBSD machines.  E=
ven=20
though I am moving overseas soon, I am scheming to find storage for my tw=
o=20
Quadras (an 840AV and a 605 w/ a 68RC040 CPU upgrade) until I can retriev=
e=20
them across the ocean.

Regards
C David Rigby