Subject: Re: A couple of queries about Apple Mac LC
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <andy.ball@earthlink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/06/2002 10:41:41
Hello Chris,

   CW> ...I'm now the proud owner of an Apple Mac LC.

It's a nice enough machine (well done for rescuing it), but
because it doesn't have a paged memory management unit (MMU,
think I've got that right ;-) I don't think it will run
NetBSD without some sort of processor upgrade. A replacement
system unit may be more practical.  I'd probably look for an
LC-III, since they benefit from a 32-bit data bus.

   CW> It also has a 12" monitor. Ideally I'd like this
     > critter to work as an X terminal for my otherwise
     > graphics free MicroVax. Is this something I could
     > reasonably expect to do with such a machine?

X may be possible on a 12" monitor, but I doubt it would be
comfortable.  I've found that a lot of X programs expect a
larger screen.

   CW> And how do I go about using X with only one mouse
     > button??

I've wondered about that myself ;-)

Regards,
   - Andy Ball.