Subject: Allen Briggs, you were right
To: 'port-mac68k@netbsd.org' <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Larson, Timothy E. <Larson.Timothy1@mayo.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/04/2002 13:01:10
Allen you were right about the partitions not being mounted.  For some reason I assumed that after I had done the minimal install, the Installer would know enough to mount the other partitions itself.  It was easy enough to compare the contents of the directory /usr with the contents of the partition /usr and see this was obviously not the case.  Thanks!

Now, am I wasting disk space by having files in the /usr directory of the root partition?  If so, how do I remove them?  I can't unmount /usr to get at it because it's in use.  When booting single-user it's read-only.  Can I safely comment it out in fstab?  Installation takes a long time at 16MHz, so I don't want to have to do that again.  :)

Tim

--
Tim Larson          <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Info. Services - Internal Medicine Clinical Systems, Mayo Clinic, Rochester