Subject: postfix + sasl
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: olof hennig <bbq@hennig.nu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/25/2002 18:48:18
For some days I've been trying to get postfix working with sasl on my
se/30 with 1.5.3.

I first decided to skip packages since I didn't know if sasl support
was compiled in the binaries (is there any way to find that info
without installing and look at the build info in
/var/db/pkg/[package]?). I also thought that some compiling experience
would do me good, though I had to compromise and use the precompiled
cyrus-sasl-1.5.27nb3.

Now I have postfix running fine as long as sasl isn't enabled in
main.cf, but if it's on i get 'fatal: no SASL authentication
mechanisms' in /var/log/maillog as soon as I try to use the se as a
smtp-server. I've tried everything I could find on the net but nothing
has helped, so I'm begining to think that I'm in a dead end and wonder
if anyone has been successful in getting postfix working with sasl?

olof