Subject: Re: Can I set up a NetBSD-box to work as an X-terminal?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Klein <Alexander.Klein@math.uni-giessen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/24/2002 21:10:25
Hi,

At 14:13 Uhr +0100 23.11.2002, Magnus Henoch [and others] wrote:

>[useful stuff snipped]

Thank you for all your kind replies. I tried the method with the chooser,
but it wouldn't work - for whatever reasons. (Could it be that there must
not be an X-server, but only xdm running on the terminal-machine?)

Meanwhile, I found something that is much more convenient for me:

Since I have only one 'central' X-Terminal, I just started adding items of
the form 'xauth <other host>' and 'xterm <other host> to my twm-menu. The
first one will pass xauth-information via rsh, and the second just fire up
xterms via xon.

Best regards,

	Alex