Subject: Re: What do you use NetBSD/Mac68k for??
To: David Gatwood <dgatwood@gatwood.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/20/2002 16:32:07
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, David Gatwood wrote:
> As an added note, certain drivers that don't block for a long period of
> time and need low latency (the ADB driver comes to mind) should probably
> be handled directly as it is now.  Depending on the IPL of the ADB
> hardware, this might even improve perceived responsiveness on the console.

Sounds great to me :) Another device that needs its interrupts to be
handled promptly is the serial port; I seem to recall that we can keep
up with 57600 baud as long as there's no disk access (it's been a while
since I've used the serial port though, so I may be recalling
incorrectly :). Maybe with your changes, we'll be able to do the same
even with disk I/O going on?
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 27 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++