Subject: Re: appletalk client ?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: RAParker <RAParker@Quadzilla.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/2002 13:34:10
You're right, you did say "client"...oops

A quick search around results in the same information you've seem to have
bumped into. afpfs appears to be out of date and/or unstable and cap doesn't
look any more recent either (patch #198 is dated Sep 25  1996).

I've seen afpfs mentioned as "being worked on" in the list archives but it
doesn't look like anything has happened. I imagine the majority of Mac/BSD
users are using BSD machines as servers or firewalls and netatalk provides
all the Mac->BSD connectivity they need.

Another direction to look: using a different option on the Mac side.
AppleShare IP will allow UNIX clients to connect using SMB or NFS. And, of
course, you can always run a web or ftp server on your Mac and connect that
way, but that's not exactly the same as mounting Macintosh volumes across a
network :-\

Ron

_              5% use a Mac              |/-|/
_           20% wish they did.           |\ | @ Quadzilla.net