Subject: Re: What do you use NetBSD/Mac68k for??
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/2002 16:52:01
on 11/16/02 9:24 AM, jpy@zebis.com at jpy@zebis.com wrote:

> compiling or extracting anything else. If anyone is running a Quadra 840av
> (40mhz 040), what is it like? I have one that I could get going, but I would
> have to get some memory and a hard drive for it..
 I have an 840, despite being it a fast machine, NetBSD is dogslow due to no
DMA support.
I have on the other side a Quadra 610 with a fast SCSI disk, and plenty of
ram: you have a fast system after all! using it on the console is perfect
(develop C programs, shell scripts, CGI...) and even remotely accessing X
leads to a machine which you can use to browse, compose webpages etc.
At the moment I have no color X on it.

ric