Subject: SE/30 setup...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <jpy@zebis.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/13/2002 00:22:02
To answer the question of if I have networking with the SE/30, here is the setup:

128mb RAM (eight 16mb 30-pin SIMMs)
2gb Apple hard drive (Seagate)
Internal 10BaseT ethernet
Everything else stock, as there aren't too many more expansion options...

Everything works beautifully in Mac OS 7.5.5. The system is actually surprisingly capable for such an old machine.

I had to repartition the drive in order for it to work right with the BSD installer. I now have a 950mb root/usr partition, 256mb swap partition, and around 850mb for Mac OS (of which I am using 15 right now). This setup seems pretty nice for this system, however I can imagine if someone was running a more serious machine they would definately need to be able to use larger partitions.

I'll start fiddling with settings in BSD tonight, so we'll see how that goes. I'm sure you guys will hear from me if there are problems. :)

-Jason