Subject: RE: How to interpret the results of a portscan?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schenkel <jan.schenkel@pandora.be>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/10/2002 11:45:13
Hi all,

First of all, I would like to thank you all (Randy, Brendan, Izaac, Ron,
Bruce and Bill) very much for your replies ; they've proven very helpful in
understanding how these things operate.
Appearently the portscan on unixcircle wasn't a portscan of my own server,
but of some computer on my ISP's network (no idea why that happened), and my
own box was locked down as it should -- as far as I can tell from reading
the documents and probing settings here and there.
The only oddities now are 'buffer overflow' errors which seem to not hamper
anything but sometimes show up on the screen, and a hard disk that sounds
like it is getting accessed even though the machine isn't doing anything (in
the sense that the other computers are off).
Probably nothing wrong there, so I won't tinker anything for now, heh :-)

Thanks again,

Jan Schenkel.