Subject: Re: About SCSI JackHammer
To: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/09/2002 19:03:01
At 1:01 Uhr +0900 10.11.2002, Kazuyuki Inanaga wrote:
>I have a interest to bootup NetBSD on my Macintosh IIci with
>SCSI JackHammer NuBus card and 68pin hard drive(s).

=8)

>Is there any information about booting NetBSD up with NuBus-SCSI
>Adapter, especially the driver for SCSI JackHammer?

Well,

two years ago I have attempted to interface the siop MI driver to the
Jackhammer card (it comes with a 53c720 controller). My code probes the
card and the controller, but it does not see any SCSI devices.

The code is rotting away in my private repository. Ask me for diffs, if
you're interested; the code has to be adapted to the unified
character/block device changes first.

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign