Subject: Re: extern __inline functions and kernel link errors
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/03/2002 23:00:15
On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 07:13:18PM +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
>
>  > Turned out that the contents of /etc/mk.conf were relevant, after all: The
>  > 'cpuflags' make .include apparently keeps the Makefile generated by
>  > config(8) from setting COPTS (or CFLAGS, or whatever...). If you want to
>  > build the kernel with any optimization, you have to set it explicitely.
>
> Yes, this is why I don't like the cpuflags package, and don't recommend
> its use.

	Out of curiosity, is there any valid way to set 'COPTS+=-pipe' or
	similar in /etc/mk.conf without breaking 'makeoptions COPTS="..."'
	in kernel config files? This seems more of a limitation in the
	kernel build system than cpuflags per-say :)
--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --