Subject: Re: mac68k Packages for 1.6
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/01/2002 12:12:43
on 11/1/02 4:18 AM, Allen Briggs at briggs@wasabisystems.com wrote:

> The Q950 works right now, headless.  I'm running one.  The SCSI is using
> regular 'esp,' and the serial ports are in compatible mode.  The IOP
> code does need some love and attention, though, if anyone's interested
> in working on it.  I'd really like to, but I really can't find the time.
> :-(

i installed everything on an external HD using another quadra. I then had no
way booting it.. I think it didn't find the kernel (exact errors were posted
here in the ML). I had no way to specify the external scsi bus so I used the
suggested "shadowing" trik suggested by someone (ie putting the disk on a
scsi ID not used by the internal chain and addressing it by that) but it
didn't help.

would the use of a NuBus videocard help? anyway it was a pity since the
internal videocard is better than the Spectrum/8 that I have...

ric