Subject: Q950, Was Re: mac68k Packages for 1.6
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/01/2002 00:13:15
on 10/31/02 10:31 PM, Bryan Vyhmeister at bsd@hub3.net wrote:

> Would a Quadra 950 set up as a shell server help or are you referring
> to actually having a physical Quadra 950 at your location?
>
> Bryan

I have physically a Quadra950 ! but I couldn't even get it to boot NetBSD!
Someone here pointed out about the external SCSI ID, asked about a debug log
but I never got notices.
I ended up installing linux/debian. But I prefer BSD over Linux.

Besides, Linux made some progress! It does color video, IOP keyboard&mouse,
integrated ethernet and SCSI support on my quadra950. It still has problems
with the hardware clock, but besides that and minor problems with some scsi
drives, it made a big progress!
I hope NetBSD will get there too...

-r