Subject: Re: Failing to compile cross/powerpc-netbsd on mac68k
To: Rémi <remi_zara@mac.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/08/2002 13:10:44
At 10:57 Uhr +0200 8.9.2002, Rémi Zara wrote:
>I want to cross compile from mac68k to macppc, so I tried to install
>the pkg cross/powerpc-netbsd on a MacIIci running NetBSD 1.6_RC2, but
>it fails with the attached message. This is a second run of make, but
>the first failed the same way.

At exactly the same place?

[...]

>xgcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
>gmake: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 1
>*** Error code 2

Usually, signal 11 is an indicator for memory corruption, i.e. hardware
problems. Do you build other things on the IIci? Does it behave there? How
much RAM does it have? Have you bumped the various limits in the shell?

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email