Subject: Re: sysinst bug and errors
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Takeo Kuwata <tkuwata@virus.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/03/2002 09:18:05
Hi,

>I keep getting the same error whenever I try to newfs the disk:
>uid 0 comm newfs on /:file system full
>/: write failed, file system is full
>(See my prior mail called "sysinst error: uid 0 comm newfs on /:file
>system full" for more info)

This error appeared in the following machines,

Duo230 (68030, no fpu)
PowerBook520 (68LC040)
PowerBook165 (68030, no fpu)
LC475 (68LC040)
LCIII+ (68030, no fpu)

However, this error did not seen in LC475 ("full"68040) and LCIII+ (68030, plus
fpu).
Maybe, fpe (or something related with fpe) results in this error.
I tested only Duo230, and others were tested by Mr Inanaga.

Additionally, I installed 1.6F to Duo230 from Installer. Duo230/1.6F booted up,
but I got the same error when I tried newfs a partition. Thus, this error is
not only in sysinst.

>This is actually a Machine Independent error that has been reported on
>some of the other ports as well.

Really?

tkuwata (Takeo Kuwata)
e-mail: tkuwata@mac.com