Subject: Re: desperate problem on the installer
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/01/2002 17:57:27
on 9/1/02 5:51 PM, Bob Nestor at rnestor@augustmail.com wrote:

> The Installer is a MacOS application and it relies on MacOS for doing
> the disk I/O.  Generally problems like the one you're seeing are SCSI
> Bus termination issues (if there isn't some other problem with the disk
> itself).

are you sure? i always corretly terminate the disks. They always worked fine
under macos. This problem happened to me before. IN this case it is very
simple: i have one internal disk, terminated. I cheked the disk for bad
sector without reporting problems.

> If you are trying to install a 1.6_RC system or a -current snapshot you
> should try booting and Installation kernel and using the sysinst
> method.  It is _much_ faster and simpler.

i'm installing the same 1.5ZA I had on the other disk, I thought of waiting
for a stable 1.6 so not to add further problems.

-ric