Subject: Re: Still dumb - another newbie question
To: Lincoln Rutledge <lrutledge@fairfield.lib.oh.us>
From: Tod McQuillin <devin@spamcop.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/2002 02:58:20
On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Lincoln Rutledge wrote:

> I will have to look at that.  Now, I have to say that I am running a
> straight base install of System 7.1, and I'm using a chintsy VGA adaptor
> that came with a new monitor to plug my monitor in (PC 15-pin vga
> monitor), and I *think* I've tried switching resolutions in MacOS, but
> no other options were available or they were grayed out

MacOS determines which resolutions your monitor supports by reading sense
pins on the cable.  Your VGA cable adapter is probably hard-coded to
640x480 or 512x382 or something.  You need a VGA adaptor hard-coded to
another resolution, or one with DIP switches to set the sense pins (I have
purchased adaptors like this in Akihabara Tokyo; good luck if you live
somewhere else).  Maybe you can find something online.
--
Tod McQuillin