Subject: Re: quadras & scsi ID's
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/30/2002 19:53:14
on 8/30/02 7:45 AM, Nigel Pearson at nigel@ind.tansu.com.au wrote:

> My next suggestion would be that if there is an extension
> called "SCSI Manager 4.3" in the active System Folder, try removing it
> and rebooting to see if the Booter behaves as I thought it would.

SUre, it took me a bit, since i use the q950 under macos but to switch to
netbsd i usually plug out everything and stick it into the q610 tha;ts
temporarily on the side fo it... so a big mess with cables.
I hoped in better 950 support, i'm eager tu help! (this limits to testing I
fear).
Also I need italian keyboard support, i wanted to develop that on the q610
but no one gave me help and I wrote to the original dt author and he told me
to ask here... so this is a circular refernce and I remain ignorant with the
keys and the codes ;)

it is the SAME disk that i blug in into the q610 where it works... the
kernel is installed inside the netbsd partition for cleanness (and maybe we
will ever get... native boot ;)

----

Logging to bootlog
Booter version   : 1.11.4a3
Free heap memory : 4890KB (out of 5000KB total requested)
-------------------------------------
Macintosh type (MACHID) : 26
RAM size (physical RAM) : 52MB
System file version     : 7.6.1
Has AppleScript. GetGestalt (gestaltControlStripAttr) failed
GetGestalt (gestaltDesktopPicturesAttr) failed
Has Display manager version 2.
Booting...
reading partition # 1 , partition name - '' Chose partition 1, name ''
type ''v'
blocks in map 657588238, start block -1060372480, length -1551892480
Couldn't locate any partitions on SCSI ID 4
Could not open kernel "(4,?)netbsd".

Restoring Monitor settings...