Subject: dt and foreign keyboards
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/27/2002 16:07:24
Hello,

I wanted to add the italian keyboard layout to dt. I hope that more than one
person would find this useful.
My first attempt to modify the key layout ended disastrously... Just
juggling the keys doesn't work: some letters are exchanged, but numbers have
to be typed with shift and this leads to diastrous results with the way I
used to modify the layout. Command-Number doesn';t work neither using
command-key-with-number neither command-key+shift. Also I don't know the
code of some of the localized keys.
Futhermore dt seems to be buggy on more than 640x480.
I trashed my work, started with a clean soruce and decided I need some help.

So does someone have a current email of the dt developer? Does someone has
already localized a keyboard? Help would be useful and of course I would
share the new sources.
I thought it was easier modifying dt than messing around the kernel, which I
never compiled.

-ric