Subject: Re: disklabelling an ide drive
To: None <schaecsn@gmx.net>
From: Takeshi Shibagaki <ie9t-sbgk@asahi-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/27/2002 07:31:39
Hi,

From: schaecsn <schaecsn@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 01:45:34 -0700

schaecsn> - Netbsd looks for the root filesystem on wd0a - mine is at wd0b. Since it's not found on wd0a I get prompted in the middle of the boot process to enter the proper root filesystem. the same is true for swap. Is there a way (bootoption ?) to tell netbsd to look for root and swap at wd0b/wd0d?

Ummm. In NetBSD/mac68k, initial root partition searching is fixed
in only partition number 0(=a), at least in IDE(maybe also SCSI).

So, it is not able to solve in this case now.

schaecsn> - Swapping is not activated. While booting I get
schaecsn> swapctl: /dev/wd0d: device not configured?

Did you do newfs -I /dev/wd0d?

schaecsn> /dev/wd0d	none	swap	sw	0	0

It seems right.

schaecsn> remember, I do have the mac os disklabel and not the netbsd disklabel, e.g. the filesystem type of wd0b and wd0d is "unkown". is this the problem?

This is a trivial problem(for me). There is a solution, but it is
little complex.

Takeshi Shibagaki
ie9t-sbgk@asahi-net.or.jp